What is Swiss Travel System?
Swiss Travel System – some 29,000 kilometres of Swiss public transport network.The most delightful way to explore Switzerland. Trains, buses and boats are geared up to take travellers to their destinations – comfortably and right on time. Navigating the world’s densest transport network, trains run like clockwork: on all routes and always at the same minute after every full and half hour. Get on board – it’s worth it!Holders of a Swiss Travel Pass benefit from following advantages:
- Public transport network in more than 90 towns and cities
- Free admission to more than 500 exciting museums throughout the country
- Unlimited travel by train, bus and boat.
- Unlimited travel on premium panorama trains (seat reservation fees and/or surcharges apply).
- Unlimited use of public transport in more than 90 towns & cities.
- Free admission to more than 500 museums.
- Mountain excursions included: Rigi, Schilthorn, Stanserhorn and Stoos.
- Up to 50% discount on many other mountain excursions.
- Up to 30% discount on SBB RailAway offers. Available at all ticket counters within Switzerland.
- Children from the age of 6 up to their 16th birthday accompanied by at least one parent (holding a Swiss Travel System ticket) travel free of charge with the complimentary Swiss Family Card.
- Children under 6 years of age who are accompanied by a holder of a valid STS ticket travel free of charge.
- The Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Travl Pass Youth and Swiss Half Fare Card are available as print@home version
- STS tickets are available to persons permanently resident outside Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein
Swiss Half Fare Card
Unlimited half price tickets on trains, buses, boats and public transport in Switzerland. Children aged 6 – <16 years travel for free if accompanied by at least one parent.
Validity: 1 month
Swiss Travel Pass Flex & Swiss Travel Pass Flex Youth
The Swiss Travel Pass Flex is the perfect ticket for quick deciders. It Combines scope and services of the Swiss Travel Pass with the advantage of increased flexibility. The Swiss Travel System also issues a special ticket for young travellers – the Swiss Youth Pass, which may be purchased by travellers aged under 26. It entitles the holder to the same advantages as the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex, but costs 15% less.
Validity: on 3, 4, 8, or 15 freely selectable days within one month.
Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Youth
The regular Swiss Travel Pass is what most tourists use when visiting Switzerland. This pass provides unlimited access to the Swiss Travel System for 3, 4, 8 or 15 consecutive days. The Swiss Travel System also issues a special ticket for young travellers – the Swiss Youth Pass, which may be purchased by travellers aged under 26. It entitles the holder to the same advantages as the S Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex, but costs 15% less.
Validity: Free unlimited traveling for 3, 4, 8 or 15 consecutive days