With the historic rack railway, opened in 1893, you drive from Wilderswil to Schynige Platte (1967 meters above sea level) into an incomparable natural paradise. Enjoy the fantastic mountains with breathtaking views of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. Oversized picture frames allow you to take unique and beautiful photos. In addition to a variety of hiking opportunities for beginners and advanced, the botanical Alpine garden invites you to linger. A special highlight are the alphorn players. You must have experienced the sounds of the typical Swiss musical instrument amidst the beautiful mountains! The large sun terrace offers peace and relaxation.
Visit the Schynige Platte, an experience for young and old.
- Historic vintage cog railway from Wilderswil to Schynige Platte
- In summer times the steam trains are operating regularly
- Botanical Alpine Garden, home to over 650 different alpine flowers and plant species
- Typical Swiss: musical entertainment by alphorn players (daily from 11:00 to 14:00 o`clock)
- Train ride from Wilderswil to Schynige Platte
- Botanic Alpine Garden
- Nature cinema frame
- Trips by steam locomotive
- Food & drinks