Brienz Rothorn Railway
train journey begins in Brienz. From there, the 7.6 km route takes you to the
Rothorn Kulm summit station. The steam locomotive and its red carriages
transport you through the verdant forests, over bridges and through dark
tunnels on the hour-long ride. There is a brief stop at the midway station at
Planalp, where the locomotive refills its tank with water for the rest of the
journey. As you continue your journey, you will enjoy an incredible panorama of
the surrounding mountains and Lake Brienz far below in the valley. Once you
reach the summit, you have the opportunity to enjoy some culinary delights in
the Berghaus. Indulge all your senses!
- An unforgettable journey by steam locomotive
- Spectacular, one-hour ride to the Brienzer Rothorn
- Various walks from short to long
- Unique panorama
- The only Swiss rack railway with daily steam operation excites since 1892
- In ideal weather, the view opens up to 693 peaks
- A beautiful mountain hotel on the top of the mountain
- Return Ticket with the Switzerland’s only daily steam rack railway
Safety measures in place
- Phasellus pretium libero in fringilla ultrices.
- Ut porta dolor id ex tincidunt, vel tincidunt lectus pharetra.
- Phasellus interdum massa nec velit tincidunt, eu vehicula nunc consectetur.
- Phasellus a metus sit amet mi malesuada tristique mollis iaculis dui.
- Integer a massa vitae sapien facilisis sollicitudin.
- Sed vel odio vulputate, aliquam tellus vitae, lacinia purus.
- Mauris malesuada mauris at ultricies ullamcorper.
- Vivamus nec ligula lacinia, aliquam neque sit amet, luctus orci.
- Etiam sit amet risus a quam luctus finibus.