Hünegg Castle was commissioned by the Prussian Baron Albert von Parpart and his wife Adelheid von Bonstetten.
It was built from 1861-1863 in the style of castles in the French Loire Valley.
In 1900, the new owner G. Lemke-Schuckert renovated several rooms in the Jugendstil style.
Today, the museum is dedicated to the Historicism and Jugendstil movements and gives the impression that time has stood still since 1900.
A carefully arranged public park surrounds the castle, with many native and exotic trees dating back to the time of construction.
CHF 10.- per adult
CHF 8.- reduced (pensioners, students)
CHF 5.- per child (6 until 16 years)
no entrance fee for children (0 until 6 years)
reduced entrance fee
Kulturlegi Kanton Bern and guest cards of the region
free entrance fee (card must be shown)
Swiss Museum pass, Raiffeisen (Maestro / MasterCard / Visa Card, youth card), Swiss Travel Pass
- Built from 1861-1863 in the style of castles in the French Loire Valley
- Historical Rooms with a public park carefully arranged
- The park has many native and exotic trees dating back to the time of construction
- Whole castle (2 museums) and Park